Tuesday, April 18, 2006

End Break

Easter Break is finished, and now the home stretch begins. Thankfully I feel incredibly well for it. I'm not sure why, maybe I actually recharged my batteries during break, or perhaps it is the weather. In any case, I hope to be much more productive in the coming few weeks before the semester ends.

Couple of things to get through in today's update:

- I bought an old copy of Final Fantasy X over the break. I will wait for comments...

Okay, now that everyone who wants to has called me a hypocrite, I will say this: my faith has been restored in this series. A lot of the "true fans" of Final Fantasy have been upset with Square lately, what with FF X-2, making FFXI into an MMO, and denying them an FF7 remake while working hard on the now very controversial FF12. All I know is that I think we have a winner with FF12 if Square learned a few lessons from X, and if the work of the original FF Tactics team is still intact. Its silly how much stupid shit they fixed in X, and I look forward to more.

- Is E3 coming around soon? I'm... pretty sure its this week or next. I don't actually see myself reading about it until afterwards. The daily coverage is often... too much, and considering certain sites seem to be charging for the good video downloads, I think I'll wait for the dust to settle and swoop in for the best scoops.

- I finally got a chance to watch Firefly on DVD. To all you browncoats I know personally; you were right. It really is a damn good show. I can see now why you said it makes Serenity that much better of a film (though even then, I still have some issue with the movie). The show on the other hand is pure gold. Incredibly natural dialogue, fast snappy plots, and very little of the over dramatic, ham-fisted bullshit found in many Sci Fi shows. I do have a few issues with it overall; The alliance is both unoriginal and underused, at least in the first 8 episodes, and I find the mix of technology and old west style to be a little too random at times. However these are pretty minor in light of all the good it brings to the table. And to think that despite the stellar DVD sales, this show still can't find a way back on TV, while Family Guy has become the biggest thing since the Simpsons. I guess there is no accounting for taste when it comes to Television audiences.

- The Mets are the best team in baseball. Someone pinch me?

No comments: