Monday, July 25, 2011

Sing a Mean Tune Kid...

An Amazon gift card came my way recently, and I used it to pick up some terribly unexciting, arguably unecessary items.  The first was the anime FLCL on Blu Ray.  FLCL is a favorite of mine - or was a favorite, based on what I remember of it - but I have long feared that a re-viewing will cause my impresion of the show to sour.  Meanwhile, there are quite a few shows out there which I haven't seen at all, which would have provided, at the very least, a better content/cost ratio.  I suppose I just wanted to fill an what I thought to be an important blank in my small collection, rather than try and chase what's hot(ter) and new.

The same logic convinced me to spend the remainder of the card on the album Chicago III.  I listened to the record a few time in the past, but didn't find it terribly exciting.  It was hardly my most wanted CD, but I have been listening to a lot of Chicago lately, and remembered that I only needed Chicago III to complete my collection of the band's first seven records (I decided that VII would be my cutoff point).  So rather than chase something newer and potentially more interesting, I decided to fill in a gap.  Listening to it now, via a well mastered CD on a nicer sound system, I'm already enjoying it far more than I ever did.  Hopefully FLCL will fare this well.

PS - Zeta Gundam Volume 6 review up tomorrow.

No comments: