Sunday, August 22, 2004

return of the post

I never get tired of the Lord of the Rings films. Which makes me wonder; why haven't I finished the final book? I'll get to it eventually (translation; next summer)

I finally got around to updating LC1201. I'm goddamn ashamed for letting it slip so far. Hell, I'm no better than Freddy boy really. I can only hope my sorry excuses and lateness will bring me lots of fame and money. I mean, if it works for him, why not me?

Oh right, that's why.

Anyway, the update is a bunch of Mega Man reviews, part of a new segment I will call "series reviews". So many of the games I've wanted to write about lately have been parts of large series. Rather than do one or two, it made sense to write about all of them, comparing each one and observing how the series evolved, then put all the documents in one place. I plan to do the same with Final Fantasy (THAT's gonna take a while), Mario, Sonic, etc. But first things first; I've got a lot more Mega Man games to clear through.

The Radeon 9800 Pro has been a dream come true. Demos for Far Cry, Deus Ex 2 and Unreal tournament ran at choppy, almost unplayable framerates. Now they run smoothly at even the highest details. There's a bit of stuttering at some parts, but that's a memory issue. Its hard to believe that 512 megs isn't enough, but that's the way it is, and I intend to correct it during the fall. As for now, its just a minor hindrance. I say bring on Half Life 2.

I don't know about you, but when I first heard about this I couldn't think of anything but the beginning of a bad movie. Or maybe an episode of Lupin III. I just hope that the painting is found and the greedy pricks are put to justice. Let's just hope Zenigata isn't on the case.

Getting it is easy. Filling it with illegal substances and sending it across the border is the hard part.

No comments: