Thursday, January 27, 2005

VX2

Over the last two days I spent close to six hours attempting to eliminate one of the worst adware programs ever devised: VX2. It not only tries to install malicious software and redirect your browser (yes even Firefox), but it actually attempts to hijack your machine, by screwing with the recycle bin, anti-spyware programs, and even restarting at random. After many attempts I finally found a solid solution. I can safely say that VX2 is eliminated.

Still, I feel like a chump. How the heck does the CS major get infected with such horrible gunk? Shouldn't he know better? Yeah I should, and in this case, I definitely shouldn't have fallen for the trap that caused all of it to happen. Guess its just another lesson one must learn

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i think it's just god's little way of saying, "pr0n is bad".

(hehee, just kidding. i know your story is that you were looking for a buddy icon :P)

christian wolfe said...

Actually lemon I do have a Debian partition on my machine. I somehow broke the Xwindow system though, and getting it on the net on my campus is near impossible