Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Rain

I've been noticing a trend lately, though I'm not sure if it really exists or if it is just my imagination. Seems that every time I wake up in the early morn' for class on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I'm greeted to a grey, cloudy sky. Then sometimes it rains. Kind of like today. Most of the time it clears up by afternoon, but it feels like I can set my watch to the gloominess of these mornings (if my watch wasn't dead). Not really a complaint as much as a simple observation; in fact, it actually feels very appropriate as I march towards the dungeon basement of Beatty Hall for my Cold War class. Its the closest you can get to being a real member of the proletariat.

There is a strange bug with the Windows port of GAIM in which the (empty) buddy list categories of other people who log into AIM on my machine pop up whenever I do. For the last one or two years I've had such (empty) categories as "Fallston Peeps", "Khadir", "Loyola Peeps", "Loyola", and the always classic "People I never talk to". It took just as much time to finally realize I can just delete these groups from my list, rather than having them sit around and take up space.

Don't judge me too harshly Internet. I'll be back later. I have some world premiere of Sam and Max to enjoy

2 comments:

HeavyJoe said...

What kind of insensitive jerk would have a "People I never talk to" list?

But at least I don't have you on that list.

christian wolfe said...

I think that one came from the same person who had "Khadir" and "Fallston peeps" as well, and I think those came around at the end of yours and my soph/freshman year. That kind of narrows down the list maybe? I kind of want to tell the person who had it that having a list of people you don't talk to is pointless if you don't talk to them.