Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Tekken Stick

Today's post is all about photos. Of stuff. Let's take a look.

Anyone who's a regular Gamestop/EB customer may have seen the nifty Tekken 5 collector's edition that came out last year. For $100 you got the game, a special box, and a nifty joystick made with real Hori parts (the best kind of parts!). Now that this item is very old and taking up space on shelves, the price has been slashed to a mere $30! I serached in four different stores to find it, but to no avail. Understandable of course, since it came out in limited quantities over a year ago. But my last ditch effort to the local Gamestop rewarded me for my persistence.
Tekken 5 alone costs twenty dollars new. Instead I got an industrial strength arcade stick for ten bucks more, along with a crappy game I won't play very much. Sounds like a deal to me.

And then there is the DVD case they give you. It has places for you to store all 6 Tekken games that have been released, but instead I filled them up with other, better fighting games.

If you add up all the games on those discs, you've got five different Street Fighters, three King of Fighters, and four Tekkens. Still missing any Soul Calibur, but its still a Murderer's Row of fighting games. I think I value even this more than Tekken 5 itself, since its a great way to consolidate these games into a more portable package. Now I just need to get the campus Gaming Club to sponsor a tourney, though that will be harder than it should be...

That's it for now. Later I hope to write something a little more substantial than the silly shit I piss away money on. Cheerio until then!

No comments: