Friday, September 29, 2006

Family Weekend

Haven't gone to sleep before 2 AM every day this week because of school work. AndI was sick a week ago. I don't think I've had a semester get into gear so very quickly, and its senior year!

I think I've fought back the beast, for now. Maybe I can get some posts in here more often!

Lots of things going on. Let's detail a few.

-Still coming out with 1 or two articles a week over at Videolamer. I forget which ones I haven't linked to, so just stop on over and look for my name. The most notable is a review for Half Life 2: Episode 1, which is as close to a proper HL2 review as I'm going to get. I know, I promised one two years ago. The game was too big for my tiny writing skills. Ep 1. on the other hand is nice and bite sized.

- I fixed a PS2. The famous Disc Read Error has an equally famous fix, involving a large white gear and a 1,000 screws to remove. I decided to attempt the repair on someone else's PS2 - mine is upstairs you see, while my roomate's is hooked up on the bottom floor where I live, and was so bad with reading discs that it could take an hour before you got to play (Guitar Hero, stangely, worked just fine). It was actually easier than I thought, and now I dont' have to wait forever to play King of Fighters 2006.

- Speaking of KOF, I'm glad to have picked up 2006 last week, since it seems to be a rarity in some game stores already. Its a fine game, one that I should be reviewing soon (a review for a new game, on time? Impossible....)

- Giants are 1-2. Mets pitching looking iffy for the playoffs. This will be a testing time for New York sports. We must all remain optimistic however. If there was ever "the year" for the Mets since 86, this is it.

No comments: