Thursday, August 16, 2007

A story

The Greystone Grill's corner meeting room was packed. Walking into the mass of polo wearing developers, I got tickets for two free drinks. I didn't believe they would work, until the waiter came back with my Harp. I expected awkward introductions and prodding questions, but instead I got friendly handshakes and little small talk. Everyone had good questions and answers during the presentation, which was a nice informational session reporting services. I got a free meal of bacon wrapped scallops. What a fantastic night that was.

The moral of this story? MSDN user groups are a fuck ton better than Linux User Groups

The real moral of this story? Don't compare user groups based on one meeting with each or you'll look like a tool. Sorry I didn't have anything better to write about today.

No comments: