Thursday, April 10, 2008

Forgotten items

A good article here on ESPN about how Barry Bonds has left the minds of pretty much everyone in the sporting world. Aside from a few quick "will barry be back?" roundtables on TV analyst shows, he really has been gone. I think the coverage of him got to critical mass, to the point where even the people cramming it down our throats got tired of it.

Or maybe it is something else. Maybe everyone is so ashamed of how they let Bonds and others run rampant and tarnish the baseball world, that they wish to pretend it did not happen. If that is the case, then it seems rather dangerous to me. We cannot simply forget history simply because we do not like it, and the fact that no one wants to admit the media circus that they created around Bonds means that they will do it again. It also shows just how little care the media has for the stories they cover. I still find myself horrified of the coal mining incident where every news outlet reported that there were survivors, only to find out they ran with an early and innaccurate report, and that they were all dead. No apologies, no egg on their face. I was disgusted and I didnt' even lose a loved one. All because they're so bored not covering real news that they had to fill in all their airtime with every juicy morsel.

In lighter news, I finally pushed far enough into Persona 3 (meaning I just got through the game's first month - five hours in!) that I "get it" and its system. All of my fears of failure are washed away, and now I'm pretty sure I can kick some ass. I can't wait to see how I fare on the final boss. My brother has been having constant trouble with it, and I would laugh at least a little if I could beat it in one sitting.

I need to write a new article on something. This is difficult when you haven't beaten a game in some time. Give me ideas people!

I should probably talk Mets somewhere in this post, as seems to be new tradition. All I can say is that I wish I had the power to evenly distribute their runs scored. If they keep up this pattern of "score pitifully and lose 3-1, or light up the bats and win 8-2", we're going to have last season's slide through all of this season. We can't have streaky hitters, and we can't dish Johan a loss when he gave up one run. They need to fucking wake up and fight harder at each at bat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

persona 3 is originally for playstation game right? is it avalible for psp to?