Sunday, March 06, 2005

No Honor

Here's an interesting look at EA's new Medal of Honor game. The interesting part of it is not the content, but the fact that it sounds identical to PC Gamer's new preview of Call of Duty 2.

Its funny; EA lets a large portion of the MOH Allied Assault team leave to go make their own company, Infinity Ward, most likely thinking that their philosophy of "throw a lot of money and manpower at a project and it will sell" would keep their series on top. Instead, Inifity Ward makes the award winning Call of Duty, while MOH gets worse with every iteration. Now EA has to copy their former employees to even compete, though something tells me that one company will truly deliver (hint: there are no E's in the name) while the other will create a half baked monstrosity (hint: there's an E in this one). If that ends up being the case, then I suppose it serves EA right.

A good friend of mine just had his PS2 break on him. Didn't sound out of the ordinary, until he told me his new copy of Gran Turismo 4 was scratched to hell in the process. Its like a double "f-you for being a loyal customer" from Sony. I know that electronics will break, and others will have no troubles whatsoever, but I after the many horror stories I've heard I don't understand how Sony products are still considered durable, quality hardware.

No comments: