Sunday, May 04, 2008

Green Schmeen

Here is an example of the kinds of things my alma mater does already, that make me trust their future plans even less. The newest issue of the alumni magazine talks about efforts to be more environmentally friendly on campus. Part of this comes from the new, "green" dorm building, which they are proud to trot out. But on seeing the cover of the mag, a friend remarked "if they are so worried about being green, why are they replacing the Campus Police's Rav 4's with Ford F150's?"

I've got my federal rebate check, and I'm not sure what to do. Ps3? Or pay off a chunk of student loan? If I go with the PS3, should I roll the dice with a used 60 gig from an Amazon Marketplace vendor, or just wait for the mostly compatible 80 gig MGS4 bundle? I like the latter simply because it'll give me the one game I want to play immediately, and as long as a few important games play on it, I will live with what compatability I get.

But again, financial responsibility. Shit, I could also spend it all on furniture (which I have none of a year after moving in). I like feeding my passion, but should it trump the essentials?

When you're a bachelor, the rules are a little skewed.

No comments: