Sunday, February 03, 2013

Gunpla Chronicles 2 - The Lower Body

The feet of the Gundam are quite a bit different than those of the Zaku.  The actual frame is identical, but the surrounding armor is not.  I had a bit of trouble removing some of the sprue marks from the red plastic pieces, but I managed to clear them up quite a bit with some careful use of the hobby knife.

I almost had a near crisis with the second foot. There's a small piece of plastic which must be removed from the foot's frame, and when working on the second foot I dislodged it by applying pressure to the entire piece.  It came out, but when I was done I noticed that there was some discoloration and warping near the back of the piece.  If it were to snap, it could seriously mess up the foot.  I carefully tested it out, and I don't think it is in any danger of it actually breaking.  I'll consider it a lesson in being more careful.

The only other minor problem I had with the feet was the loss of a sticker.  I managed to drive it deep under the sticker sheet, and when I pulled it out it had folded in on itself.  As I tried to fix it up, it flew out of my tweezers.  It was meant to go on the inside of the foot, so its absence shouldn't be as noticeable.  Here are the finished products.  Once again, I'm pretty happy with the panel linings.


No comments: