Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Brain Sex Test

Want to know if you have a male or female brain? Take this BBC quiz, that is apparently helping actual scientific research.

Personally I think its broken. I apparently am a male with a female brain. While I certainly am good with helping others with their emotions, as well as listening to people, I'm a stone cold bastard most of the time, serious and analytical. I love math and logic (I code after all), and really dont' have too many personal emotional struggles. On the actual test I aced all the logic/ analytical tests, the things they associated with men, and only aced one test associated with women?

What's the point of my ranting? Am I getting all defensive about being called a "Girly man"? Perhaps. But I sersiously think the test is broken considering my score. During the test there are random survey style questions peppered throughout. You know, the strongly agree/ strongly disagree ones? I never know what to put on those, and I think they caused my score to get screwed up. I sincerely hope that no serious science is being done on the results of survey questions that give little difference between each of the choices.

Now excuse me, I have to go eat a pint of Hagen Daas and watch a Lifetime Original movie. This one's about a woman who is reuinited with her long lost daughter, while her best friend battles cancer... during a rape trial.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, that test is bullshit. I'm totally a guy.

Erm, mentally.

christian wolfe said...

Same results as you bro. And same argument for my defense.

christian wolfe said...

crap, i was logged in as you last time.Same results as you bro. And same argument for my defense.