Saturday, February 19, 2005

Demos

Coupla Demos I tried out today.

Freedom Force VS the Third Reich: The original Freedom Force was a surprisingly enjoyable game, one that deserved far more attention than it got. The sequel seems to be just as good, but not really better. It looks sounds and plays nearly identical, with a few tweeks here and there but barely any extra polish. Newcomers to the series won't notice, but I wonder if the fans expected a little more. What's also interesting about this game is that developer Irrational is actually self publishing it, and offering those who preorder it some nifty bonuses. It takes a lot of guts to stick it to the huge publishing conglomerates and release a title by yourself, and I wish Irrational the best of luck. I may preorder it myself to give them my support

Psychotoxic: FPS with generic levels, enemies and token busty heroine. Who happens to be an angel with magic powers. Sound familiar? I haven't played a game this blatantly uninspired in a long while. Nothing else to report.

Am I the only one who saw the movie Constantine and first thought the film was about the Byzantines?

Finally: Is it true? Will I see Calgary in the playoffs yet again? One can only hope....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I definitely thought Constantine was along the lines of Alexander, Troy, King Arthur, etc..