Sunday, May 28, 2006

The mall

Yesterday was my trip to one of two or three malls in the Denver area. It was supposed to be a full day affair, exploring all the stores (and stores around it), seeing Xmen 3, the works. Instead the trip was no longer than two or three hours because as usual I power walked through the mall and efficiently browsed everything I could not afford, rather than casually exploring the mall at a sauntering pace. Plus I couldn't figure out how to drive to the theater. My navigation skills out here go to both extremes depending on the situation.
Nice mall though. It reminds me of Baltimore's Towson Town Center in its fanciness, though it isn't nearly as large. But there is a Men's Warehouse across the street, which is good, since I can't leave for home this fall without finally buying myself a decent suit. I already know that Senior year will command one.

I said in my previous chapter length post that Bumpy Trot (aka Steambot Chronicles in America) was coming out on PS2. Turns out I was wrong; it already came out on the 23. So of course I went looking for it in every electronics shop in the mall, like the moron I am. One of the things a gamer must learn in their life is that games published by Atlus (like Steambot is) are sold in limited quantities that vanish only a day or two after release. This, however, was my first time experiencing the phenomenon. Hell, no one even knew what it was save for the EB guy (who thankfully didn't chastise me for not pre-ordering. I think he found himself a customer). Thankfully I found it online, and I immediately added to shopping cart. Yes, I know I've said times that I'm broke until my summer pay kicks in, but my last check from Loyola was exactly enough to buy this game, complete with shipping. With very little evidence of its existence in front of me, I'll just pretend that instead of honoring my hard end of year work with cash, the college decided to send me a potential game of the year candidate, complete with free harmonica keychain. A fair trade in my book.

Well then, I think it is time to conclude this fine second weekend by playing some more Dragon Quest 8. Yeah, I still haven't beaten it. I got stuck in a hard part and put it on a long hiatus. Now I'm sucked in again as badly as I was before. Tune in tomorrow for another post on Penny Arcade's Attack of the Bacon Robots. I finally got a copy and damn, what a long, strange trip it was.

No comments: