Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Hypercondriosleepomaniaphiliac?

The strangest thing just happened. I was in the lab working on Statistics, feeling fine and dandy (I had an energy drink earlier in the day, got a decent amount of sleep). Then all of a sudden I'm asleep in the chair, rapidly dosing off. I kept trying to wake up; typing, staring at the screen, anything to keep me working, but my body refused to do anything but sleep. For the few seconds I could wrestle myself to consciousness I was in a halfe-awake at best, meaning my sentences made no sense at all. I'm thinking it was the heat in the room and the dead-quiet atmosphere. Like all college students my sleep leel is pathetically low, but not bad enough that I should be dozing off at random periods in the day. Hope its not one of those wierd diseases ....*snore*.

I finally bit the bullet and pre-purchased Half Life 2 over Steam now that a release date has been cemented and all the legal troubles between Valve and Vivendi won't prevent the game's release over Steam. This also means that have access to Counterstrike: Source, and yes, I have played it. But that's for another entry. Stay tuned

2 comments:

christian wolfe said...

For some reason I can be tired as all hell, but once I get behind the wheel I feel like I'm wired.

As for CS: Source, I like it. The improvements are all somewhat small, but they add up. The fact that the community hasn't been flooded (yet) with newbies also helps a lot.

christian wolfe said...

"I don't need to waste another two or three years of my life on a game addiction"

I know the feeling. I can see it now...

"My name is Christian, and I have a camping problem"