Monday, February 06, 2006

Fighting Back

After what was easily one of the worst and longest illnesses I have had in several years, I am finally back on my feet (well, almost...still have a couple symptoms to get rid of). It feels good to be back in the realm of the living. I literally didn't have a weekend outside of the few hours reserved for the Super Bowl (congrats to Pittsburgh - at least I could make the right call for the Big One).

Nothing much to report beyond that. I did get a mysterious second application to a possible summer internship, which I believe is a sign that I should stop putting the shit off and get around to completing it. Also, I actually started playing Ninja Gaiden, despite some of my nasty remarks toward it. I still don't like some of the things it does, but when the combat begins it instantly becomes Real Ultimate Power: The Game, and that my friends is a good thing.

More links that may leave you feeling clean and refreshed.


Tomorrow, Shigesato Itoi will reveal the first real details to Mother 3 . If that means something to you, then perhaps you join me in praying that the game sees a US release. If this means nothing to you, it is time to do some homework on a game series that defines cult here in the states.

I never understood why the general populace is so obsessed over the lives and relationships of celebrities. Apparently CNN is confused as well, as they look into why the hell "Brangelina" won't go the hell away.

If anyone watched the Super Bowl last night, perhaps you saw the ad placed by Hummer. Once again this company has proven to me that their marketing team (if one exists) would be put to shame by a small group of bubbly undergrads working on their semester project. Let me get this straight....you made a giant robot and a giant lizard have sex, and the result was one of your cars? And this is supposed to entice people to buy your product? I know we can't expect much from the people that decided to name themselves "Hummer" (my 50 year old parents even "wtf"'d that one), but I think they're getting exponentially worse.

Finally, a lot of my peers have wondered why I drink so much water, but rarely ever pay for the bottled stuff (aside from a huge case of Poland spring at the start of the semster, so I can reuse the bottles). I suppose I still don't like the concept of paying as much for a bottle of water as I would for soda, gatorade or any other drink. I also find that most tap water (outside my own home of course) tastes pretty fine the way it is. In any case, I've finally found a good article discussing why the bottled water craze really is a bunch of bull. Thanks to Fifthturle for the link.

No comments: