Tuesday, February 14, 2006

V-Day

So its Valentine's day evening. Once again I'm single for it. And you know what? That doesn't bother me one bit. Lots of single guys and gals get mopey right around now, and I don't see why. Valentine's day is a pretty artificial holiday; its great to celebrate as a couple, but if you can't, its not sweat. Grab a couple beers, maybe a favorite book or game or movie, and enjoy some me time (or the company of good friends).

So, if you're celebrating Valentine's Day, I hope it is lovely and romantic. If you curse the holiday, I...guess I'll say a curse for you (damn!). Me, I'm going to go have a few brews and enjoy the ridiculousness of Devil May Cry 3 special edition. Nothing says I love you like triple nunchakus.

Speaking of that game, god bless Capcom. For the special edition, they shipped the original DMC 3 manual, along with a crappy little card that lists all the new features. A creative way to cut costs, I must say.

Also, I had to be stupid and buy the game at Power Gamer, which meant that I also walked out with King of Fighters 99 for Dreamcast (When it wass $15, how could I not?) This puts my KOF collection at 1999-2003. If I can only find 98 then I'll finally be content (plus my DC collection would be pretty much complete for my purposes).

Here's an interesting article about Fumito Ueda (mr. Shadow of the Colossus) and the creative process behind his amazing games. I never realized the man was such a control freak and perfectionist, but considering how beautiful and fun his games are, I say let the man do what he wants.

No comments: