Monday, February 20, 2006

Help Wanted

I love fighting games. I've got a collection of them that would make some people's head spin. I love most of them, but there's a problem; I have no one to play them with. It is pretty much a given that the hardcore fighting game community is small and secluded, and considering the Loyola gaming community is already very small and spread out, there's little chance of me finding good players to kick my ass on campus (aside from one or two chaps I rarely see). There is also no way that the campus gaming club would ever host a fighting game tourney (we have issues I'm afraid).

So I must ask - does anyone in the Baltimore area know of any good arcades or groups of hardcore fighters? I know I'm not very good at any given game, but I would love to find a place where I can learn the ropes from some good players and get into the community. I know this question is an absolute crap shoot, but I figured what the heck. And if there is anyone on campus who is reading this and would love to beat me down in a good 2d Fighter (or 3d if you enjoy Soul Calibur), be sure to let me know.

See you in the ring everyone :)

No comments: