Thursday, May 26, 2005

First off, there's a new retroview to look at should you choose to.

Second, its amazingly cold all over the east coast. Please Canada, no more cold fronts. I'm begging you.

Third, I didn't get the internship at Altec Lansing that I interviewed for. Apparently they were "impressed with my skills, but found someone with credentials closer to what we're looking for." I'd almost believe them on that, since my forte is coding more than network matenience and troubleshooting. However, I've been denied for too many things despite having solid credentials for me to take any rejection statement as anything more than a blanket statement. Is that harsh? Yes. Am I proud of it? No. But that's the way it is with me at least right now. I almost wonder if the whole "be honest with yourself and about yourself" thing is really worth it, the opposite being "be a sophist who has no qualms twisting the truth to get somewhere".

Anyway, I really wish I knew who did get it. If it was some college Junior or Senior with more expereince under their belt, then I say congrats; I respect my elders, especially when they're more qualified than me. I just hope it wasn't given to the one person from my graduating H.S. class who I know interviewed. Kid was too damn cocky for his own good.

Though perhaps people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Whaddya' know? My first depressing blog post.

Edit: This random blog post has to be one of the greatest commentaries on the Final Fantasy series that I have ever seen. In fact, I'm saving this document for future reading.

No comments: