Sunday, May 08, 2005

Laundry List

Its been awhile since hitting the blog. I guess that is what happens during finals week 1. Speaking of which, it is rather frustraing to study a great deal for an exam and still come out unsure of how you did. Such is the life of a science major.

So what's happened in other news? It seems that new info on the Xbox 360 is being leaked every day. E3 is fast approaching, and for one year I am actually not frothing at the mouth awaiting it (I'm rather partial to just taking a wait and see appraoch on this one). Perhaps the most interesting news bit for myself is the closure of Buy Rite Games by the Better Business Bereau. If you have never heard of Buy Rite, picture this; an online store that features not only new releases, but a huge number of import games. Only they dont' even have half of the games they list, but continue to do business with customers by taking their money or shipping defective products. Also, customer support is nonexistent, and if you actually visited the Buy Rite store (a dirty nasty little venue in California) you would be removed from the store for asking the right questions and beign a concerned consumer. But, since Buy Rite seemed to appear on seraches for all sorts of games, many consumers assumed they were reputable. Now no one has to worry about these scams.

Wow... so much on my mind right now, and I can't think of anything worthwhile to type. Ah well, I'll have to try again later.

1 comment:

christian wolfe said...

Actually I almost fell for them when I found Shenmue II listed on their site. Thankfully I checked the availibility of the item through email and was actually told it was out of stock.

Honestly, if you looked at the site before it was taken down, you wouldn't know it was a scam site.