Thursday, June 02, 2005

Advent Rising

Judging by the initial scores, it seems that Advent Rising, the sci-fi action game with a script coined by the legendary Orson Scott Card, didn't quite live up to the hype (well, IGN seems to like it a lot, but I never trust them). Its the usual case in the industry; a lot of big ideas that suffer thanks to huge technical flaws, most of which could have been ironed out with a few more months of testing. I just hate to see promise like this go to waste because developers (and to a greater extent, the publishers) want profits now. I don't care what people say to badmouth Nintendo, Shigeru Miyamoto is right:

A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever


2 comments:

christian wolfe said...

I've heard various stories of his involvment, but at the very least I know he co-wrote the script. Which is ironic, since some reviewers pointed out that some of the lines were really cheesy.

I think its gonna be one of those games I'll pick up for cheap on the PC in a couple of months. Its not worth full price, but too intriguing to pass up.

christian wolfe said...

I don't think Miyamoto san would be a could political leader man. And please stop calling him shiggy... the man deserves respect