Sunday, August 07, 2005

F.E.A.R. Demo

Played the demo for the game mentioned in the title. Good visuals, and some very good AI. But for a supposedly "scary" game it didn't do much for me. There were some scenes that should have been creepy because of the sheer surprise of them, but Monolith has centered their game around the typical "creepy little girl" that has been done to death at the movies and is just plain boring these days.

Once again, Monolith also doesn't know how to optimize a game engine. It ran choppy for me, as well as for my friend with the most godly PC I've yet to see (though he was running it in widescreen, but still....)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog and I figured you'd be interested in advancing your life a bit, call us at 1-206-339-5106. No tests, books or exams, easiest way to get a Bachelors, Masters, MBA, Doctorate or Ph.D in almost any field.

Totally confidential, open 24 hours a day.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Anonymous said...

wow your blog got spam!!

christian wolfe said...

Spam.... in my blog.

How the hell did this happen?

Will it happen again?

Can it be stopped?

Will I ever find my pants?

I must answer these questions posthaste!

Unknown said...

Christian.. in reading your blog, I, too, have figured that you might be interested in advancing your life a bit.

And yes, I'm totally confidential and open 24 hours a day as well. :P

christian wolfe said...

That sounds kinky :p

christian wolfe said...

Give it a call and see what happens.

Actually, don't. I don't want you to be dead/raped/squandered.