Friday, December 02, 2005

Guitar Hero

Perhaps you have heard of Guitar Hero, the newest rythm game on the market. If you haven't, you should, becasue it looks like one of the coolest things to come out this year.

So what makes GH so different than say, japanese favorite Guitar Freaks? Several reasons have been given by the game's fans:

1) two more fret buttons to play with, which leads to many more possibilities.
2) Controller shaped like a Gibson

And most importantly, 3) A soundtrack full of classic American and British rock. This is what I find most appealing. I've played my fair share of DDR, but the main reason I have is becuase of the challenge, not the music. There are very few songs there that I can honestly say I really enjoy playing to (anyone who's played with me knows I never pick the songs. Now you know why). The whole "Japanese for the sake of being so" style of the games also doesn't do much for me. Being able to play some of my favorite songs in Guitar Hero just sounds that much more appealing.

I don't think its a question of "if", but "when" I get around to purchasing this game (not for a while though; Shadow and Dragon Quest 8 sucked up my game reserves). I only hope that next time the DDR gang gets together they don't mind me blowing them to the back of the auditorium (or trying to at least. I never have played guitar).

No comments: