Friday, January 27, 2006

Week's over

I was utterly shocked when, on Wednsday night, I attmepted to compile an OpenGL file in Cygwin and it actually worked, on my very first try, exactly as the readme file instructed. Normally I have bad luck with getting this kind of development stuff up and running in anything less than two weeks. I need to savor this stroke of luck while the feeling is still fresh.

On that same topic, I'd like to host some PGL projects on the website for people to take a look at, but before that happens I need to

a) Find out how to let people view them without all the OpenGL tools.
b) create something worth demonstrating.

No idea as to the timeframe of either of those.

Perhaps you have heard by now of the Nintendo DS redesign. I think this is just what I needed to push me over the edge and save up for a DS of my own.

And finally, here is another "hard hitting" EGM interview, this time grilling the Perfect Dark Zero team. Let's see, that's two they've done with Microsoft. Still waiting to see something with Sony or Nintendo. This whole month over at Ziff Davis/1up.com has been like a hilarious sitcom, what with all their schpiels on "journalistic integrity", "hard hitting interviews" and a plagarized game guide. Who knows what zany controversy will come up next?

No comments: