Sunday, June 18, 2006

Father's Day

So the Cherry Blossom Festival was a complete waste. Granted, I was there for no more than an hour, but of the part of it I did see, it was nothing more than lots of shops set up in the street selling all kinds of Japanese wares (yes, including anime). No cherry blossoms, only one performance way in the back, and thankfully, no cosplayers like my brother falsely predicted (though many people in kimonos and robes, mostly of the geek type, eyeing pocky and other such bullshit. I guess he was half right). Still, better than Otacon by a long shot.

I've got my big, maybe bold DDR essay up at videolamer. I wont' provide a link ehre because it is in two parts and I'm lazy, but you should be able to find it on the main page. Ah what the hell, here's the intro, and part 1. I was really nervous about writing this thing, because while I genuinely am interested in the music genre and its future, I was afraid my writing would come off as nothing more than an ex DDR player with a chip on his shoulder. Maybe it still does. Any and all feedback, via comments or by email, would be very much appreciated. I love to do this stuff reardless, but I also hope to get better at it as time goes on, so don't be afraid to tell me like it is.

You know, when a $2 million dollar car turns out to be a piece of crap, it makes you wonder about your own ride.

Finally, today is Father's Day. Go have a catch with your pop. If that isn't your thing, have a beer with him. And if you're underage, just give him a big ol' hug.

No comments: