Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Life (AKA silly LJ-esque stuff)

Over a week since last post? Crikey. I really need to do something about my time management in the afternoon and evening. I usually get home from work around the 5:00 hour, yet my free time seems to go by so quickly that I have twice forgotten to do laundry and still haven't organized my room to any sort of neatness (it took me a week to unpack clothing...) In fact, I can't even tell you what it is I've been doing that wastes the time away, save for no more than an hour of gaming in the evening. Time to go back to sticky notes.

I went camping this weekend. Yes, the big ol' geek went out in the woods for two days of biking and fishing. It has been years upon years since I did any sort of camping, but I had a good time. I realized that despite my love of electricity and its gifts, I can enjoy nature as well. This still doesn't explain my aversion to it back home, where the outdoors are essentially my backyard. Maybe it is just the east coast forests, or the fact that you never appreciate what you have. Maybe you just have to camp with the right people. Who knows. I also got two good pictures out there, one of which will become my Facebook picture once I pull it off of the digital camera. Hopefully I can get it up soon enough.

At the same time I was out in the woods stealing railroad spikes, my cousin was having her wedding back in New York. I was really looking forward to the event, so much so that it was probably number one on the "cool things I'll miss out on to go to Colorado" list, beating out Senior Week by a hefty margin. Apologies to my Loyola friends, but when the cousin you lived next door to for half your life gets hitched to a supremely cool man, its a pretty big deal. Also, watching my brother get drunk never gets old (plus my 17 year old bro got fed Heinekens all night. I wanted to scout out his tolerance so I know what to expect when he comes to Loyola this year.... :) ) Thankfully, this was the last of the items on the Big List, so from here on out it is time to stop thinking and start finding some fun in Denver.

Finally, I've passed yet another trial on the path to true adulthood; I've become addicted to my morning coffee. I've always drank it on occasion, but it is increasingly become less of a choice and more of a neccesity. For all those with me, raise your mugs for a toast. For all of those who find it sad to see me rejoice in an addiction, piss off. Its all Zen and self control until you're waking up at 4:20-5:20 in the morning for work five days a week. We'll see how well your body functions then without the assistance of 100% pure Colombian goodness. Unless you want to go to bed at 9:00 at night, in which case I'd rather suck down caffeine than be a square.

Oh, and its 6-6-6. Go play some Iron Maiden and drink a beer. That's a far better way to salute Hell then all of that silly goth stuff.

1 comment:

Timmy said...

Amen Amen and double Amen (as I put my morning coffee to my lips). Welcome to the brotherhood.

Hail Xenu.