Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Reboot

Man, I never thought this would happen. Its gotten to the point where there's only one blog post a month, if I'm lucky! I never wanted it to get this slow. Time to change that.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but there has actually been a lot I wanted to talk about this semester. Why didn't I? Laziness, pure and simple. Too lazy to get the the Blogger new-post screen, and my old firefox plugin for blogging doesn't work anymore. Or I'd start writing something and re-read it, only to find it made little to no sense (that happens a lot when I'm tired). Also, and I know this sounds ridiculous, but so many of the things I wanted to comment on where frequent news stories that plenty of other blogs would get to. I figured that nothing I could say would be important.

But enough is enough! Its 2007, and its time for some changes. You'll notice that the blog has a new title and a new look! I figured that a change of pace would help inspire me more, though I don't see any actual changes in the content. Expect some more alterations to this layout in the coming week; I want to do some more customizations to this design. Thankfully Blogger has done a fine job of providing some tutorials for these new templates, though one complaint for the staff; I appreciate that Blogger reads through my changes and makes sure any new code and tags are standard and compliant. However, I don't like it when my changes don't save because it wants a closing tag for , and when I put it there, it then just goes ahead and removes it. Yeah, it doesn't make sense to me either.

So let's get this ball re-rolling with a post. I've organized my game and movie collection at home. Since I should hopefully be moving out for good in half a year, I figured it would be helpful to start consolidating all of my stuff. This way it'll be easy to figure out what's missing and what I'll be able to take (in case my apartment is too small). It worked out rather nicely in the end, as you can see here:


All the shoe boxes contain consoles, and the box on the bottom left is filled with old gaming magazines. It was real nice to clean all the dirt and dust off of the SNES, making it look a little bit more presentable, and hopefully extending its lifespan. Most importantly, I got my Game Gear running again after buying a new A/C adapter. It isn't perfect - you can only get sound through headphones, the screen has to be tilted a smidge to see it, and its as finicky as an NES about whether it loads your game properly. Still, Sonic Triple Trouble is back on the menu folks.
Who wants to play?

No comments: