Saturday, January 06, 2007

Well that sucks

Well, looks like it happened everyone: videolamer.com made it to the front page of Digg games. We had the big break. And then it broke, literally. The site crashed due to the incoming traffic, and right now the hosting company has suspended the account. It should be back soon, but if the traffic continues that won't last long. The recommendation from the company? Semi-dedicated hosting.

The staff has talked about possible solutions, though nothing has been decided. While I can't say when it'll be back, I can at least guess that the answer is sometime in the beginning of the week. If not, I still have some reviews and articles that will be ready soon, and I'll make sure to do something with them until its back.

I've got a couple other things on my mind, but I'll put them all here rather than make separate posts.

Crossroads

I'm stuck in Guitar Hero 2! I've gotten good enough to five star all but a handful of GH2 songs on hard, but apparently not good enough to ace them, or to even finish any of the final set on expert. I've certainly tried practice mode, but even when I've made myself replay a section or two until I've perfected it, I still manage to screw up in the actual performance. I hate facing plateaus in my favorite games, but I'm certainly not the best Guitar Hero on campus, and certain other friends of mine are sure to surpass me sooner or later.

Is this where I'm supposed to have my crash and descent into drugs and alcohol?

Politics

The trend continues; in this very poor presidency, seems that everyone is a political expert. Am I the only one who is tired of hearing about "references to today's political climate" in nearly every single film that is released today? Great, you made some potshots at the Republicans. Way to make it so obvious. If you want me to listen, don't treat me like a moron.

Then of course are the ordinary folks, the ones who have a comment for everything the White House does. These same people probably think that electing a Democrat will fix their wishes. Can't wait to see what trouble we get into when another corrupt politician with screws loose in the other side of the political brain is running things. The whole system is cancerous, but its hard to see that with all this hypocrisy and bullshit on both sides.

I think this anecdote sums up both paragraphs; a college student I know was raving about V for Vendetta like it was the greatest thing he's seen in a decade. I asked him what he thought about the fact that (spoiler alert?) the people wouldn't rise up without wearing masks, that no had the balls to stand up and show themselves unless they were certain they couldn't get in trouble for it. They had no response.


No comments: