Saturday, September 17, 2005

Best Day Ever

Today began with myself and friend Brandon going to the Inner Harbor in order to see the Orioles game. The tickets were $50 face value and it was costing me nothing. Most definitely a good start to a Saturday.

On our way to the field, we stopped over at the Baltimore Comic Convention. Normally I wouldn't give a crap about such an event. But this time there were some very special guests; Tycho and Gabe of Penny Arcade. We didn't have the money to get in, but I couldn't walk away from the building without seeing my two heroes.

As luck would have it, an old Loyola Alumni I knew was leaving the event with his friends. Apparently secuirty was lax, and the only proof of payment was a paper armband. With some careful finagling Brandon and I managed to walk in, for free, with two of their armbands. I got to meet Tycho and Gabe, and got a signed poster to boot. I think I can die happy now.

After that, we watched the O's win a game, got dollar drinks at the stadium, and before the night was over I landed a couple of rare PS2 games that were on sale.


Best Day Ever? If not, it was damn close.

P.S. - despite what some people may say about them, Tycho and Gabe are both class acts and very personable guys. Despite all their success they're still very humble guys who really appreciate their fans.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blogs
The Latest... News Weather The Latest Health... More Texas Sports... TV Schedule Features Expert Advice Job Source Contact KXAN KXAN.com Blogs KXAN's First Warning Weather Blog Jim Spencer and the First Warning ...
For a great selection of art prints on canvas, look no further. Stop by to view our gallery of art prints on canvas and take advantage of our fr.ee member rewards program.

christian wolfe said...

These limey fools are still spamming me.

Got to get to the bottom of this...

Anonymous said...

I've stumbled across your blog when I done some game shark research in Google. You're doing a pretty nice job
here, keep up the good work :-)

Sincerely,

Tosh
Webmaster/Publisher
game shark