Sunday, September 11, 2005

grumbles

I guess its just my luck that soon after getting a new car, the battery dies and my tire may have a leak. I need to resolve these issues today, so I am not grounded for the rest of the week. Too bad everyone I've asked for help has seemed reluctant to do so. Are they lazy? Busy? I can't really say.

I started learning the programming language Python for one of my classes, and so far I like it. It is very simple and elegant, though part of that comes from the fact that it uses indentation rather than brackets or braces for determining the ends of loops etc. Its built in lists structure is also incredibly handy for finding pretty much anything and everything that is stored in them. No messy "for" loops like in C++ that take forever to go through.

Actually, I am finding that while C and C++ are very useful and very powerful, they're also very old, especially when it comes to text processing. That's not quite a knock on them as much as it is a reminder to learn some other languages that may be more handy for certain projects.

Is it just me or is there a huge wave of hop-hop/gangsta games coming out. Let's see: 187 Ride or Die, 50 Cent Bulletproof, TrueCrime New York, Beat Down Fists of Vengeance, and at least one more I can't put my finger on. I know the pop culture scene is all about ghetto, but this is just a little excessive. Right?

On a final note, I still find the fascination college kids seem to have with beer pong and Miller Lite to be incredible. One is a pointless game that seems to sober more than inebriate, and the other is something that is beer in name only.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Read the Journal of a Nurse in the Trenches During Katrina
Read the Journal of a Nurse in the Trenches During Katrina From the LiveJournal of a nurse who went through hurricane Katrina at Methodist Hospital in New Orleans, Louisianna.
I enjoy reading the stories on your site. Keep up the super articles!

I have been working on a content site on cellular phone store
It covers cellular phone store related stuff.

Check it out if you have some time :-)

christian wolfe said...

oh noes! more blog spam.

Seriously, when did this crap start, and how can I prevent it?

christian wolfe said...

I can't stop the powers of anonymous computer bots.