Monday, July 18, 2005

Phew!

So I got back home yesterday evening. My trip to Balitmore was great for charging the batteries, and I got to see my old roomate. I also picked up two new games, one of which doesn't work. Damn you EB, you and your "we'll take all sorts of games for trade, but god forbid we do any quality control." At least the other one, Metal Gear Solid 3, is incredibly.... um.... solid, so far. Yes, bad pun I know. And yes, I know I didn't like MGS 2 so much. Different game this time, believe me.

So we all know by now that the new Potter book sold more than God, Jesus and the Archangel having a bake sale. And I still haven't gotten bast halfway through the second one. I can't wait for the reports to roll in about children having massive headaches from reading the whole thing in one night. Little advice for you people; slow down! I don't see how so many people can buy these massive tomes of books and read them in what, under ten hours? My brother told me he finihsed Goblet of Fire in two weeks of hardcore reading, and he's a pretty bright guy! I've always known that I personally am a slow reader, but now I'm beginning to wonder if I'm just retarded.

I saw some G4 in Maryland this weekend, and while overall I wasn't impressed with their content, I did enjoy the Icons episode about Miyamoto. I was floored to learn that the man only makes a manager's salary; I can't remember the exact figures, but let's just say the father of Mario isn't a millionaire, and won't be anytime soon. How can one of the most creative, brilliant and humble men in the industry make this kind of money while Hollywood showers even the smallest of names with millions. Just crazy it is.

Its sad; EA began to publish the Burnout games for Critierion games just in time for their third entry. Now there is already a fourth one in the works as well as a PSP game. EA wanting to whore a popular franchise? That would never happen...

1 comment:

HeavyJoe said...

Hey man I didn't even know you were down in Baltimore, I was there visiting Joyce this past weekend. We should've done something. Ah well, maybe next time.