Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Wha?

Today I once again tried to give Z100, New York City's no. 1 pop radio station a chance. Well, I gave its morning show a chance, which plays on a local station when I go to work. When I heard a caller describe the new Wonka film as being "more scarier than the original" I immediately turned the dial. I can tolerate phrases like "alls you gotta do" to an extent, but when callers talk like they're still cracking open the phonics book when they get home at three 'o clock, it doesn't say much about the show or the audience.

Work was beyond boring today. Absolutely nothing to do after ten in the morning. I walked back and forth between the back room and the pets aisles about fifty times.

I've only gotten four hours into Metal Gear Solid 3, and of those four hours, most of it was lingering in the same few areas exploring every nook and cranny. And yet it already surpasses MGS 2 by putting it into an arm lock and slitting its throat. I'm already brewing ideas in my mind for the review, and I'm not even close to finishing the game! As for Devil May Cry... its broken. Completley. You suck EB games. A lot.

The Yankees are in first place after all of that losing. Where the hell does all of this Yankee Magic (tm) come from? Its aggravating beyond belief; they're the only team that can go to the basement and then go onto an unholy win streak that just doesn't seem to end. If the Red Sox really did win last year thanks to Johnny Damon (who my brother and I have determined is in fact Jesus), the Yanks must be backed by Satan. Evil Empire indeed.

I'm very close to getting myself to read the Harry Potter books. All of them. I'm not sure why though; I read through one and a half of them and wasn't terribly thrilled. I guess that I'm intrigued by their massive popularity, and must continue to investigate whether the immeasurable attention they receive is a result of a quality story like everyone seems to say, or just because a couple of people thought it was cool and the trend caught like wildfire.

Gamefaqs is having a summer character battle. If I were a betting man I'd put fifty bucks on a character from Final Fantasy 7 winning it all. But I don't like to gamble, and besides, I'm voting for Link and Gordon Freeman. 'Dem monies is mine.

3 comments:

christian wolfe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I know this probably has nothing to do with this post but you mentioned Gordon Freeman...and well me and my brother think my dad looks almost identical to freeman its a little scary all he needs is the crowbar in his hand....

christian wolfe said...

Jay, now that I think of it... you're absolutely right.

Shit man, you're pop is gonna save us from the Combine.