Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Slap on the Wrist

So Sony BMG music is in trouble for bribing radio stations to play their songs more than others. Its apparently something that happens a lot in radio, but enough so by Sony that the NY attorney general decided to take a look. Total cost? 10 million bucks and an order to stop bribing. Now I know two things for sure:
-Radio IS repetitive for a reason
-Sony will not stop shelling out for their bully tactics anytime soon

Hilary Clinton is in the news a lot about the whole GTA thing. There's only one reason I can think of for it; its the signs of someone running for 2008 election. I'm seriously thinking of looking for work overseas, since I'm afraid to see what the US would be like under her leadership. Of all the people to become the first female president, it could be her?

Today we finally started doign set-up stuff at work, moving the entire backroom into the new area. A lot of labor, but a nice change of pace, and a chance to work with a lot of guys I don't often get to see. And yet again a person scraped themselves on a shelf because they weren't paying attention, and threatened to sue the store. Not the first time I've seen it.

Apparently my job for the fall, the same I had from last spring, is considered to be work-study for me in the eyes of the financial aid dept. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

No comments: