Wednesday, October 26, 2005

R.I.P.

New York Giants owner Wellington Mara passed away at the age of 89. While I only recently knew of the many great things he did for the league, I have always known just how much he cared about his team, his players, and the fans. I can only hope that in the future the club is run with the same passion that Mara had.

Mr. Mara, your father was the one who "pulled football over New York", but it was you that kept it there for so many great years. Thanks.

Yesterday had some incredibly cold, nasty weather. It somewhat surprised me at first, to see such a sudden change in temperature. Then I looked at my watch, and realized that yes, it certainly was October 25th. Fall is waning, though it went by so fast that I don't think I saw it beginning.

Anyway, despite my love for the summer months, I find something appealing in those afternoons in late fall, where the sky is dark gray with clouds, leaves dot the grass and a strong wind is blowing the rest off of the trees. Not sure why I like this; I guess it evokes something poetic.

Gamers love to make fun of the Spike TV gaming awards, but this year even casual gamers can get in on the fun. Look at these nominations, and tell me how many of those titles are actaully out on shelves. Even better, you might like to know that some may not even be out by the time the show airs in November. Say it with me now: Payola baby.

Lastly, the NES turns 20 this year. Happy birthday buddy; like many a gamer, I wouldnt' have found my hobby if it wasnt' for you. Next year I'll buy you a drink when you turn 21.

No comments: