Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Sloppy music

I like thisarticle, as it gives a better look into just how much modern music can (and often is) electronically modified. I rarely ever enjoy a song on top 40 radio these days, not because of any drive to be 'non-conformist' or rebellious, but becuase it seems to me that nearly every voice out there (especially female artists) sounds too damn similar. Throw in melodies that sound 100% synthesized and you have music that seems to have one robotic soul.

I guess that is where live music comes into play, though live doesn't always equal better (ex: a live Dave Matthews concert seems to always devolve into random jam sessions where they play glorified scales. But that's just me). It's also interesting that now popular kinda-sorta-indie Death Cab for Cutie is against electronic tomfoolery. I guess they're too awesome for that? I can't say for sure (having not listened to them).

I gave blood yesterday, something I've done every college semester. I was glad to see that there seemed to be regular business coming into the drive; giving blood is such a simple thing to do, yet it helps out the community far more than a lot of other things (I really, really want to make a comment on Relay for Life here, but I will abstain.)


I was asked by someone lately if I was at all affected by my break-up. I guess that anyone reading this web log would think that I couldn't care less, so cold have I approached it. The truth is that I do care about it, a lot. But I have always had a policy to not get too personal with this or anything else I write on the 'net, and I will continue to stick with that. Its not an issue of privacy at hand, it is simply my own perspective on journal writing. When I read Megatokyo, I'm there only for the comic and information pertaining to it. I have no interest in what is going on in the daily life of Fred Gallagher, yet I often have to wade through this in order to read any comic related news. On the same token, I don't think most internet denizens want to know about the problems I may have. I'm grateful for every single person who takes some time out of their day to sit down and read something I have to say. Asking them to be my therapist/shoulder to cry on just seems a little much, even if they were willing to do so. So I may mention it in passing, then deal with whatever it is on my own. It's a bit different than the standard blog/livejournal/whatever that is out there, but I have a tendency to do that.





No comments: