Wednesday, November 16, 2005

No WOW update

Sorry about not posting any WOW impressions. Unfortunately I've only played the game for a total of 3 hours since Saturday. I've simply had too much else to do, and when I do have time to sit down, its either with friends, or with a game that I can pop in for 30 minutes and leave when I need to. WOW seems like the type of thing that requires you to invest at least a good 2 hours at every sitting in order to do anything. That's just not something I'll be able to do this semester. Hopefully I'll be able to get back on sometime before the trial ends, but I'm not betting on it.

What I can say is that the wordl is certainly beautiful, and definitely massive in size. This alone made me want to go explore. That being said, the combat and quests seemed so... archaic. I don't know how many times I could run a glorified fetch quest for experience, or whip up the same spells to kill some generic lizard. Most suprisingly, it doesn't seem to be the type of game I could really get addicted to. Granted, I played for three straight hours, but when I quit I had no massive urge to get right back into it the next day. Maybe that's what everyone says when they start playing.

Also, Dragon Quest 8 is out. I'm drooling at the thoughts.

Time for links. Go.

-The co-owner of the Giants, Robert Tisch, died of cancer. Its shocking to see both men pass away in just a few weeks time, and I hope it doesn't hurt morale. I also hope that the heirs of the franchise manage the team as well as Mara and Tisch did.

This idea is ridiculous, but thankfully I don't think it will catch on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah i played wow for about 3-4 months in the summer i got a little addicted to it.... but then found i had no time for it with working full time and haveing a girlfriend full time. Playing WOW is like being married its a full time commitment......

(Yeah i know my spelling hasnt improved since the 5th grade!)

christian wolfe said...

Its all good with the spelling. I'm far from a grammar nazi.

Anyway, that's a good analogy. Its really like being in a marriage, not only because of the time it takes, but because it causes all sorts of arguments (both in game and with people you know).

But I'm not ready for that level of commitment yet, so in the end, I think I'll pass.

You know, I've never met your g/f, and I haven't seen you in a while. This must be remedied.