Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Scary things

So last night. Yes, it was certainly the most boring, uneventful Halloween I have ever witnessed. Being under age (really gets to you when you're only a few months away), I couldn't go out with 90% of my friends. The closest I had to a good time was watching them shamble in drunk as hell, telling me about all the fun I missed. But I don't begrduge them; I'd probably do the same thing.

Then there were my other friends, or should I put "friends" in quotation marks. I have always been under the assumption that when someone says "nothing is happening now, but I'll call you in an hour or so." it means that, well, said person is going to call you. When they don't, you could chalk it up to forgetfulness, but this isn't the first time I've been excluded from gatherings. I've thought for a little while now that these people just don't want me around, and last night was just a little bit more proof. At this point even an honest, simple explanation feels like wishful thinking.

At least I managed to beat another Colossi last night. That always makes a man feel like a giant.

Speaking of Giants, their victory on Sunday was what dreams are made of. I was speechless. To shutout one of the best teams in the league with a strong defense and running game (hallmarks of Giants strategy), and for Tiki Barber to have a career day. I can't think of a better way to honor Wellington Mara. Well, I can think of one other thing; a Super Bowl ring.

We all know Sony can be pretty damn petty and evil. But installing rootkits on computers as part of your DRM scheme? For shame. I don't think I can trust you again. Not unless you make it worth my while. Hint hint.

No comments: